[MATRIX-SIG] NumPy and 1.5, and NumPy and MacPython

Alex Cannon acannon@geog.ubc.ca
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 22:47:44 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Folks, two remarks,
> - as you are probably already aware the NumPy test suite fails inder
>   1.5 because of the new exception handling.
> - The download page page for NumPy mentions the windows- and
>   unix-distributions, but not the mac distribution. As of 1.5 NumPy is
>   included in the standard MacPython distribution as an optional
>   install option, and NumPy for MacPython 1.4 is available through
>   http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.

Has anyone successfully gotten 1.4 (CFM68K) with NumPy up and running?
The core Numeric functions seem to work fine but certain functions in
other modules cause the interpreter to die (RandomArray.random, FFT.fft
etc);  others seem to work fine though (RandomArray.randint for instance).
Any ideas?

A quick search for the 1.5b2 Mac version came up empty; I'm assuming the
betas aren't available for the Mac?

Alex