[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] HP problem

Geoffrey Furnish furnish@laura.llnl.gov
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:23:31 -0800

Konrad Hinsen writes:
 > Just in case anyone else tries the new NumPy under HP/UX 9.01: it seems
 > the HP compiler can't handle dlapack_lite.c and zlapack_lite.c; it
 > crashes with an "internal error" and asks me to contact HP support.
 > There may of course be some patch that fixes this, but the easiest
 > solution is to use gcc, which works fine, or to use the Fortran
 > LAPACK, which is probably the best solution.

Using gcc is not really fine except under certain conditions.  If you
try to compile with -g, you can't make a shared module b/c of problems
with the size of some symbol table (and using -fPIC doesn't solve the
problem).

Exactly /how/ does one configure out the lapack_lite stuff and switch
to using the fortran versions.  That has not been convered in anything
I've personally read.

--
Geoffrey Furnish		email: furnish@llnl.gov
LLNL X/ICF			phone: 510-424-4227	fax: 510-423-0925