[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Win95 NumPy 1.0b1 install problem

Andrew P. Mullhaupt amullhau@ix.netcom.com
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 22:46:59 -0500

Jim Hugunin wrote:

> As mentioned before, the file should have a size of 408,830 bytes when
> downloaded to your system.  If this is not the case, then there's something
> wrong with your transfer.

God only knows what is going on here. I tried again, and the download
put the file in NumPy-10-b1.txt. It wsa the right size, though, and
after renaming, it ran, claiming to have installed NumPy. PythonWin
doesn't seem to be all that numeric yet, since

resize(0, [2, 2])

results in a NameError.

Maybe after rebooting this will be better.

Later,
Andrew Mullhaupt