[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Newbie questions about NumPy under PythonWin

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:06:19 -0500 (EST)

> (1) I am having trouble running the numeric module under PythonWin. Typing
> "from Numeric import *" does not work (it says no module named numeric).
> I'm guessing that the PythonPath is not set right, but I can't find a way
> to change it under PythonWin.

I'll leave it to others to help you with this one -- I forget the details.

> (2) Are there any plotting routines that work with PythonWin and NumPy? I
> searched the archive but got the impression that the available plotting
> modules (I saw GIST and PLPLOT referenced) only work under unix.

I once had a plplot driver for OpenGL working under Win95, but it was
far from being the optimal solution.  Hopefully a new version of plplot
due out at some point will allow a better integration with Tk8, which
would be nice.

I don't think anyone has worked on Gist for Win32.

--david