[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Strange problem importing Numeric

Andy Dustman andy@CCMSD.chem.uga.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 13:13:52 -0500 (EST)

I am setting up NumPy1.06a under IRIX 5.3 and odd things are happening.

Python 1.4 (Oct 28 1996) [C]
>>> import Numeric
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.4/Numeric.py", line 4, in ?
    import multiarray
ImportError: 13614:python: rld: Fatal Error: cannot map soname
'libnumpymodule.so' using any of the filenames
/usr/lib/libnumpymodule.so:/lib/libnumpymodule.so:/lib/cmplrs/cc/libnumpymodule.so:/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/libnumpymodule.so:
-- either the file does not exist or the file is not mappable (with reason
indicated in previous msg)
>>> import sys
>>> sys.path
['', '', '/usr/local/lib/python1.4',
'/usr/local/lib/python1.4/sharedmodules', '', '/usr/local/lib/python1.4',
'/usr/local/lib/python1.4/test', '/usr/local/lib/python1.4/irix5',
'/usr/local/lib/python1.4/sharedmodules']

Note the strange path it uses when it tries to map libnumpymodule.so, and
what sys.path says. Similar things happen if I first import ni.
libnumpymodule.so is actually in /usr/local/lib/python1.4/sharedmodules.
(I just realized I have to change the default path, though, to also add
/usr/local/lib/python1.4/NumPy, since to get this to go this far I had to
copy those files directly into Lib. I'm not sure how to go about this,
though...)

--
Andy Dustman / Computational Center for Molecular Structure and Design / UGA
You can have my PGP public key by sending mail with subject "send file key".