[MATRIX-SIG] A proposal (LONG) - "reverse of take" revisited

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 16:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> > Where are the details of all the functionality of Numeric
> > set out?  I have to say that it's a shame there isn't
> > better documentation that I can find.  Sorry if I missed it
>
> I agree, but until someone volunteers to do a better documentation,
> we'll have to live with it. I learned much by experimentation, but
> of course I use NumPy in almost everything I do...
>
> > In particular things that aren't immediately obvious to
> > me are the reference vs. copy semantics, how indexing/slicing
> > works exactly, probably more I haven't run into yet.
>
> Yes, that should be addressed in a tutorial!

I'll add these to the TODO list for the tutorial, but don't
count on me getting too much done in the near future (see
   http://maigret.cog.brown.edu/hugo/hugo14.html
for the reason why =).

--da