[MATRIX-SIG] Much ado about nothingness.

David Ascher da@maigret.cog.brown.edu
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:42:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Hoon Yoon - IPT Quant wrote:

[ a lot of stuff ]

> I am not sure [0,1] shadow matrix could deal with this adaquetly.

I believe most of us believe that it can.  The reason no one has done it
yet (that I know) is that 1) we don't need it for our 'day jobs', and 2)
our TODO lists are big. =)

> Frankly, I would love to pay someone to do this; however, lack of
> organized structure in Python is problem. I believe Python is a
> wonderful language and due to its free and open nature, I would like to
> be able to pay someone to get this going and contribute it back to the
> community. This would benefit both my employer and community quite well.
> Merrill, however, will not deal with individuals and have hard time
> dealing with smalll operators off the Web.

This situation is recognized, and will change.

--david