[MATRIX-SIG] [long] A NO-Proposal for a plot-package

RajGopal Srinivasan raj@grserv.med.jhmi.edu
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 20:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, David Ascher wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, Geoffrey Furnish wrote:
>
> > 1) What is the name of the proposed new sig.  Is it plot-sig, or
> >    sci-sig.  This obviously impacts the sig charter and expected usage
> >    significantly.
>
> Ok, let's play it safe.  As per the SIG creation guidelines, we need a SIG
> name, short description, and longer blurb.  Here's a first draft, please
> critique it.
>
> PLOT-SIG: Investigating and Developing Scientific and Business Plotting
>           Solutions for Python

	This might be of intereset to the IMAGE-SIG, given that there
	now is a package 'pilplot' that may be in development -
	URL http://hem1.passagen.se/eff/pil/index.htm

	raj