[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] PGPLOT issues

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:56:53 +0100

> A more serious problem is the use of output variables, passed by
> reference in the argument lists of many PGPLOT functions.  Python just
> won't do this.  The only options I see are to send lists (or other

You can always pass in arrays to interface with the Fortran code.
The Python wrappers should of course return values properly, i.e.
as tuples if there is more than one.

It would be easier to discuss this if you could give an example
of such a function!
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais