[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] ValueError: function not supported

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:35:01 -0500

This is very strange behavior!  It could have something to do with dynamic
linking under the Acorn OS (which I know absolutely nothing about).  Are
you in a position to build this statically linked into the interpreter?
 I'd very much like to know if this would make the problem go away.

Another simple test case I'd like to have you try is the following.  Let me
know how your results compare to mine.

>>> import multiarray
>>> a = multiarray.array([1,2,3])
>>> a
array([1, 2, 3], 'l')
>>> a+1
Traceback (innermost last):
ValueError: function not supported
>>> import umath
>>> a+1
array([2, 3, 4], 'l')

If you're in a position to do c-code debugging, I'd look closely at the
function call to PyArray_SetNumericOps at the bottom of umathmodule.c.  If
none of the rest of this helps, and you're not able to debug the C-code, I
don't think there's anything else I can do to help you.

-Jim