[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] NumPy 1.0b2: first comments

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 11:59:34 -0500

Konrad Hinsen writes:
> Yesterday I did a quick installation and a few tests on the new NumPy.
> Here are some first comments.
> - During installation, compileall.py reports syntax error in UserArray,
>   although it can later be imported without an error message. I have no
>   idea how this can happen...

Has anybody else seen this?  Are you sure that it wasn't happening on the
file UserArrayOld instead?  That was an extra file sitting in the NumPy
directory that I've elminated for future releases.

>   Here's a quick fix. It may not produce totally correct formatting
>   (I didn't check thoroughly), but at least it prints correct values.
>   Replace the following function in ArrayPrinter.py:

This one's embarrassing.  I'd say printing the correct values is much more
important than correct formatting!  Thanks for the fix.

-Jim