[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Beta 3 Released - Notes to matrix-sig community

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:40:34 -0500

I just put together a beta 3 release on my web site and announced it on the
main python list.  There were very few significant bugs found in the beta1
or beta2 releases, and I think that it's time to try and encourage more
people to play with this system to help track down the remaining bugs as
quickly as possible.  This "public" release also means that I'm getting
very serious about maintaining backwards compatibility.

I must admit that I currently have no idea how future discussion should be
partitioned between this list and the main one in the future, but I'll
leave that decision for another day.

The beta 3 distribution fixes the bug Konrad reported recently with
printing arrays of complex numbers (and adds Install.txt to the tar file).
 If you make the change he suggests in his mail to your beta2 release, you
should have no reason to pick up beta3.

-Jim