[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] NumPy and PIL extension module

Zachary_Roadhouse@brown.edu Zachary_Roadhouse@brown.edu
Mon, 05 May 1997 10:35:13 -0400 (EDT)

On 05-May-97 Konrad Hinsen wrote:
>*Why* do you want to store images in arrays? Which array operations
>do you expect to use? Depending on the answer, you might need different
>arrangements of data in the array.

Most of what I need the data for will probably require floating point
values -- this isn't really the big issue for me though.  Could someone
post how to access and change an array element in an efficient manner in C
(ie. not a lot of Python overhead)?  The code in multiarraymodule isn't
well commented so I don't really understand what is going on.

     - Zack

E-MAIL: Zachary_Roadhouse@brown.edu  WEB: http://althor.netspace.org/~zack/
Brown University, Box 220, Providence, RI 02912
Phone: (401) 863 - 5435