[PYTHON STRING-SIG] Re: [PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Array -> Str

Robin.K.Friedrich@usahq.unitedspacealliance.com Robin.K.Friedrich@usahq.unitedspacealliance.com
Fri, 9 May 1997 07:52:42 -0500

Well maybe your talking about the numeric's array and not python's
original array module but what's wrong with using the array object
method designed for that?

charray.tostring()

_________________ Reply Separator __________________
Subject: [PYTHON STRING-SIG] Re: [PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Array -> String
Author:  Jim Fulton <jim.fulton@digicool.com> at INTERNET
Date:    5/7/97 10:03 AM

Konrad Hinsen wrote:

> Has anyone found an efficient method to convert a character array into
> a string? The only solution I could come up with is
>
>   string = reduce(operator.add, array)
>
> which is of course terribly inefficient.

How about

  string=string.join(list(array),'')

Of course, ot would be nicer of string.join accepted any type of
sequence.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton         Digital Creations
jim@digicool.com   540.371.6909

STRING-SIG - SIG for Enhanced String Processing in Python

send messages to: string-sig@python.org
administrivia to: string-sig-request@python.org