[PYTHON MATRIX-SIG] Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Jim Hugunin hugunin@mit.edu
Tue, 27 May 1997 14:45:54 -0400

> > Is that the intended behaviour of NumPy?
>
> No! A crash is never intended.

I'm always amazed at how courteous users of NumPy can be when reporting errors.  A
segmentation fault is always a bug, there's no need to try and spare my feelings ;-)

As said above, this should not be seg faulting, I'll fix this for the next beta
(available any day now).  It should be throwing an exception telling you that your
axis specification is not an integer.

The way to get the behavior you seem to want is the following:

inputs = concatenate( (inputs, a) )

Read the documentation on concatenate for more details...

Hope this helps - Jim