[MATRIX-SIG] Type questions

Janko Hauser jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 17:28:50 +0200 (CEST)

Daniel Michelson writes:
 > Hej,
 >
 > A quick and dirty answer from a Python novice:

 > 'd'
 > 'f'
 >
 > Does this help at all?

This is not really a solution, because now everything is coerced
twice, internally there is a change to a double array. (If I
understand the rules right, but this can be wrong)

 > BTW: Do you have anything to do with Lutz Hasse and his group? I've sent
 > them a pile of my radar data for the BALTEX PIDCAP period and they seem
 > to be doing good things with it...

Not at the moment, because I'm in oceanography, and the Hasse group is
in the meteorological department. But who knows what will happen. But
they don't work with Numpy yet (:-)).

__Janko