[MATRIX-SIG] spline

Johann Hibschman johann@physics.berkeley.edu
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 10:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Arne Keller wrote:

> I would like to make spline approximation to sampled signals. Do you
> know if someone has built a python module doing this type of thing?

It depends on what exactly you need.  I've written a Python spline module
which will take two arrays, one of x points and one of y points, and
return a basic cubic spline approximation.  The creation of the
approximation is not that fast, since it's in Python, but calling that
approximation is reasonably efficient, since it uses the "searchsorted"
routine on the arrays.

Unfortunately, the code is currently derived from Numerical Recipes in C,
so I'm not certain about its distributability.

Does this sound like what you're looking for?  If so, I could email you
the code.

- Johann

---
Johann A. Hibschman         | Grad student in Physics, working in Astronomy.
johann@physics.berkeley.edu | Probing pulsar pair production processes.