[Matrix-SIG] Re: blitz++ vs. NumPy?

Paul F. Dubois dubois1@llnl.gov
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 10:49:59 -0800

I am aware of the concerns you expressed. Like I said, I will look into it.
I was just remarking in my most recent post that performance would not be
the primary reason for wanting to wrap Blitz, as others had assumed or
argued.

BTW, several people have encountered strange problems that eventually traced
back to the inclusion of a version of the BLAS in NumPy. I mentioned before
that including such things in the main package is a mistake, but gave in to
your argument that convenience for naive users mattered more. None of this
is very easy to decide.