[Matrix-SIG] Re: blitz++ vs. NumPy?

Paul F. Dubois dubois1@llnl.gov
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:32:28 -0800

>I haven't seen any C++ tools yet that had memory management that was
>industrial strength performance. Is anyone familiar enough with Blitz++ and
>advanced VM to know whether they knew which way was up when they wrote it?
>
>Later,
>Andrew Mullhaupt

The most superficial survey of the literature will answer your question in
the affirmative.

It is true that Blitz stresses the template facility more than almost any
other software, in order to achieve maximum performance. I've had no trouble
with even the Microsoft compiler for the simpler kind of template work I've
done in CXX.