[MATRIX-SIG] Regression tests

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 10:53:07 +0100

> (The fact that I could not compute the eigenvalues of an
> identity matrix (on a DEC alpha) was particularly troubling.)

Indeed. Could you explain what exactly you did and what went wrong?
Such problems should be investigated. I had access to an Alpha for two
weeks recently, and I used NumPy extensively without problems (I ran
plenty of tests, but tests specific to my applications).

> I hope that in the next release of Numeric there are more extensive
> regression tests and more warnings if (when) things go awry.

Me too! The problem is just that writing regression tests is
time consuming and not very exciting...
Konrad Hinsen                          | E-Mail: hinsen@ibs.ibs.fr
Laboratoire de Dynamique Moleculaire   | Tel.: +33-4.76.88.99.28
Institut de Biologie Structurale       | Fax:  +33-4.76.88.54.94
41, av. des Martyrs                    | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/
38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France         | Nederlands/Francais