[MATRIX-SIG] NumPy stack usage

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Thu, 08 Jan 1998 15:25:12 +0100

Am I right in guessing that NumPy (or at least some NumPy routines,
the ufunc stuff for instance) uses large amounts of stackspace?

For the last week I've been hunting crashes, and things appear to work
better when I increase the stackspace allotted to Python. (This is on
the 68K Mac, where you have to specify the amount of stackspace to use,
unlike on Unix and such. And if you guess wrong your stack will
happily run over your heap....)
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm