[MATRIX-SIG] integer division -- what a concept!

Rupert Mazzucco maz@pap.univie.ac.at
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 00:45:01 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Carlos Maltzahn wrote:

> I disagree:
>
> Assuming n is an integer matrix. If you expect float results from matrix
> operations you should have the matrices typed as float in the first
> place. This would ensure that all operations result in floats.

I'm afraid I don't quite get your point. If I write e.g.

  dphi = zeros(( max,), Complex )
  for n in xrange( 1, max ):
      dphi[n] = phi[n-1] - ( n / ( n+1 )) * phi[n]
how would "typing my matrices as float in the first place" help?

Regards,
Rupert Mazzucco