[MATRIX-SIG] hardware level, you say?

Rupert Mazzucco maz@pap.univie.ac.at
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 02:02:52 +0100 (MET)

It's me again. To clarify my point, let me cite from www.python.org,
from the section entitled _What is Python?_. It says there

  Python combines remarkable power with very clear syntax. It has
  modules, classes, exceptions, very high level dynamic data types,
  and dynamic typing.

Sounds good, doesn't it? Unfortunately the aspiring Pythoner
will soon find itself thrown back to the level of Fortran.
Don't get me wrong, Fortran is OK, but it's already there.

No need to invent *that* old wheel again. But if we have
a brand new car here, couldn't we have a set of new wheels for it?

Regards,
Rupert Mazzucco