[MATRIX-SIG] compiling NumPy for Windows

David Ascher da@skivs.ski.org
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:15:26 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, Paul F. Dubois wrote:

> You add /Tp to the compiler flags to tell it to treat your source as C++ and
> that error goes away.

Right.

> While it is true that I did find it easy to compile numpy I'm still trying
> to figure out why it won't run. There is no question that Harri's .pyd's
> work, but mine don't. I must have done something dumb but ...

I sympathize -- I've spent a long time fiddling around until I got it to
work.  Maybe the thing to do is for you and either Harri or I to output
Makefiles from DevStudio (Project/Export Makefiles) and compare those...

--david