[MATRIX-SIG] NumPy external library wrapping help

Lorenzo M. Catucci lorenzo@argon.roma2.infn.it
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 20:01:31 +0100 (CET)

First, I'm to beg your pardon if this comes out to be a double post; I
tried yesterday via findmail, but haven't seen anything till now...

Now, the questions: I'd like to wrap a couple of PORT least sqares
routines for use within Python's numeric framework, and therefore I'll
need to do a couple of things:
1. make fortran arrays - seems simple: make C ones, and then access them
   `backwards' (read, via transposed indexes). The only problem will be
   the malloc/free one.
2. Put in callback support - this is what I fear: on one hand, I'll need
   to be able to call the python interpreter, then I'll have to validate
   the called functions for output format and the like, and further make
   sure the environment the callbacks will be executed in is the right one
   (what happens if the user calls for `sin(x)'?)

Can please someone come out with a couple of guidelines? I can then
promise   n e a r   t o   e t h e r n a l   gratitude...

Yours,

lorenzo