[Matrix-SIG] ANNOUNCE: Dynamically linkable Python Gist now available

L. Busby busby@icf.llnl.gov
Mon, 11 May 98 15:55:45 PDT

Find a new version of our Python Gist package and related modules at
ftp://ftp-icf.llnl.gov/pub/python/PyGist-13.tgz.  This version does not
include any significant code changes. It is repackaged to build and
install against stock Python, version 1.5 or 1.5.1, as a dynamically
linked module.  Installing it will also require our NumPy-11 package,
Yorick1.4, and X Windows release 4 or higher.
From the README:

  The Python Gist Scientific Graphics Package, version 1.3, written by
  Lee Busby and Zane Motteler of Lawrence Livermore National
  Laboratory, is a set of Python modules for production of general
  scientific graphics.  We abbreviate the name to PyGist here and
  elsewhere.

  Gist is a scientific graphics library written by David H. Munro of
  Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory. It features support for three
  common graphics output devices: X-Windows, (Color) PostScript, and
  ANSI/ISO Standard Computer Graphics Metafiles (CGM). The library is
  small (written directly to Xlib), portable, efficient, and
  full-featured. It produces x-vs-y plots with good tick marks and tick
  labels, 2-D quadrilateral mesh plots with contours, vector fields, or
  pseudocolor maps on such meshes, and a selection of 3-D plots.

Lee Busby