[Matrix-SIG] Special functions with Numerical Python

Yoon, Hoon (CICG - NY Program Trading) HYoon@exchange.ml.com
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 18:03:46 -0500

Since we are on the subject.
Has anyone did any work on Loess, GAM, GLM, or any statistical method in
Numeric?
Most of the code for those resides at http://netlib.bell-labs.com/netlib/a/,
but I had hard time finding
Libraries that goes with it. I know this is not NumPy Q, but if anyone
knows...

dloess packages:
cc -o gas.x gas.o loessc.o loess.o predict.o misc.o loessf.o -llinpack -lcor
-lm -lF77
ld: fatal: library -llinpack: not found
ld: fatal: library -lcor: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors.  No output written to gas.x
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gas.x'
(BTW: I tried contacting all the authors, but all messages just bounced
back. Also this
is where most of Splus' higher level regression models came from. I suspect
R is using
same thing (free version of S based on Scheme).)

Thanks,

S. Hoon Yoon                   (Quant)                    Merrill Lynch
Equity Trading
yelled@yahoo.com hoon@bigfoot.com(w)
"Miracle is always only few standard deviations away, but so is
catastrophe."
* Expressed opinions are often my own, but NOT my employer's.
"I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages."    Maudin