[Matrix-SIG] advocacy - happy users of NumPy?

Joe Van Andel vanandel@ucar.edu
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 10:30:53 -0700

Having been freshly inspired by attending the Python Conference, I want
to try to sell NumPy to my management as an alternative to using
MATLAB, PV-WAVE, and IDL.

Would any of you be willing to send me your success stories about how
you/your organization has used NumPy (and associated packages) to
build data analysis software?  It would be particularly helpful if you
could supply a URL to any results generated by your tools, and/or
explanations of your NumPy based tools.  Please indicate if you'd be
willing to have your comments added to a Numeric Python Satisfied
User's Page.

Of course, if you had problems using NumPy, I'd sure like to know why,
as well . . .

I'd like to show that this approach worked well for other scientific
researchers, and that it isn't totally "off-the-wall".

Thanks much for your help!

Joe VanAndel  		Internet: vanandel@ucar.edu
National Center for	http://www.atd.ucar.edu/~vanandel/home.html
Atmospheric Research