[Matrix-SIG] Cephes module

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:21:45 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

To anyone interested in special functions under numerical python I have
released a version of the cephes library wrapped up as ufunc objects
(patterned after the umath module).

The package is at

http://oliphant.netpedia.net/

and it includes all the necessary source-code from the cephes package
to create a working cephes module that will allow calculation of
bessel functions, elliptic integrals, chi-square distributions, etc.

The documentation is pretty sparse but all of the routines are described
in the cephes library documentation which is also included.

The result, seems to work quite well.  Again, I am impressed with the
ufunc object.

Thanks for any input.

Travis

Travis Oliphant            200 First St SW
  	                   Rochester MN 55905
Ultrasound Research Lab	   (507) 286-5923
Mayo Graduate School	   Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu