[Matrix-SIG] Compiling for Windows

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:10:56 +0200

This is not exactly about NumPy, but I think that I reach the right
people here, so...

I just finished my first scientific Python program meant for end
users, and I would like to make it available for the Windows world as
well. It uses the Python standard library, NumPy, and of course its
own modules, including a few C extension modules, which call the NumPy
C modules. I suppose a Windows version should build on the existing
Python and NumPy binary distributions, but that's about all I know :-(

I don't care about fancy installation, but it should not require a C
compiler and it should result in something that can be run by clicking
on an icon. Is that doable? (I *really* don't know anything about
Python under Windows!) I suspect the biggest problem is getting the
C modules compiled, could anyone help with that?

For those interested in the program, there's a full description at
   http://dirac.cnrs-orleans.fr/DomainFinder/
But unless you are interested in protein dynamics, you probably
can't do much with it!

Konrad.