[Matrix-SIG] Interfaces to some common FORTRAN routines.

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:46:50 -0500 (CDT)

I'm making available my interface to the FORTRAN package MINPACK at
http://oliphant.netpedia.net
under the name package called multipack-0.3

There is a Linux i386 binary and a Source RPM package along with a
tarball.  You need a fortran compiler to compile the code.  That's the
cleanest way to do it on my system.  Calling fortran from C can be system
dependent and I assume the underscore convention.

My plan is to include ODEPACK, QUADPACK, and others in this module.  I'm
currently working on putting QUADPACK and ODEPACK in.  If anyone has
experience with these routines and can offer suggestions as to how you
would like to interface with them, I'd love to hear about it.

This list seems to have quieted down a bit with regard to getting some
of these codes into Numerical Python.  Has interest in using
Numerical Python subsided, is everyone just happy with where things stand,
or just busy doing work with it?

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Travis Oliphant           200 First St SW
    	                  Rochester MN 55905
Ultrasound Research Lab	  (507) 286-5293
Mayo Graduate School	  Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu