[Matrix-SIG] numpy interface

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 14:41:45 +0200

pascucci wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new in this list.
> I would like to access NumericPython arrays in my own  C/C++ library.
> Does anyone have a piece of SWIG interface that can be used at this end?

I don't believe that you need SWIG to call NumPy from C, since
NumPy's C API can be used like Python's C API.
Do you just want to use NumPy's functions from C, or
are you going to use Python scripting as well?
The latter would mean to turn your C lib into something
which can be called from Python, and this might make use
of SWIG, perhaps.
But if you are looking for maximum speed, I'd avoid generated
interfaces and craft my own. Calling overhead can be
significant, if you need many short calls with low computation
time.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>