[Matrix-SIG] A full-blown interactive data analysis environment

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:25:52 +0100

> FTTW is GPL (not LGPL), which means that inclusion in any kind of
> package leaves me out (I'm also writing commercial software in
> python).

I think licensing could become an important problem in this project.
Many scientific packages come with licences that do not allow
commercial use (at least not for free), and in some cases the
conditions are even unclear. We might have to use a two-level system,
one for generally free code and one for non-commercial use only (which
would still be useful to many of us).