[Matrix-SIG] New and improved version of cephes module.

Travis E. Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Wed, 06 Jan 1999 16:55:51 -0600

Hello again,

This is the last of the Christmas-vacation updates.  Thanks to all of
you who have provided feedback on some of the packages I've been
releasing.  I appreciate knowing who is using them.

I have a new version of the cephes module which defines a large number
of special functions (including statistical functions) as ufunc objects
for use with Numerical Python.

This latest release includes an html page describing all of the included
functions and their arguments along with the inclusion of many more
functions from the cephes library.  Now all functions that take one or
two arguments and return any number of arguments are included in the
module.  New functions include Airy, Modified Bessel of arbitrary order,
Smirnov statistics, and Fresnel Integrals, plus more.

You can see a complete list of all of the included functions here:
http://oliphant.netpedia.net/packages/included_functions.html.

Although I didn't mention it in the original post this module is
necessary for the numerical quadrature routines announced earlier.

A gzipped tarfile and RPM's for Linux are available at
http://oliphant.netpedia.net/

Please send questions, bug-reports, or feedback.

Thanks,

Travis Oliphant

Travis Oliphant            200 First St SW
    	                   Rochester MN 55905
Ultrasound Research Lab	   (507) 286-5923
Mayo Graduate School	   Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu