[Matrix-SIG] Warning in re 1.5.2b1

Paul F. Dubois dubois1@llnl.gov
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:57:38 -0800

We're tracking this down but I want to warn people that we received a
complaint that a real array raised to a real power gets a TypeError. We have
discovered, somewhat suprisingly, that this happens only with the 1.5.2b1
release of Python (NumPy, release 8).  With 1.5.1 and Release 8, it works.
(Thanks to Charlie Crabb and Zane Motteler for the footwork).

Color us puzzled in Livermore.

I will make release 9 next week.  So far I have these fixes. If I'm missing
something you have reported and think is still not fixed, please let me
know. There is an issue involving assignment to slices of arrays of type
object that I haven't done yet.

Release 1.9 (January, 1999)
    1. resize now works with arrays of length zero. (Keith Junius)
    2. Fixed error in integer array to integer power that caused failure if
base was zero. (David LaRose, Charles Waldman)
    3. Fixed registry key for Windows installer to work with 1.5.1 as well
as 1.5.2. (David Ascher)
    4. Fixed memory error in array_setattr (Charles Waldman)
    5. Fixed error in seed in RandomArray.py (Paul Dubois, Christopher
Phoenix)

Paul Dubois