[Matrix-SIG] Multipack is growing....

Alexander Lawhead alawhead@vcn.bc.ca
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:09:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Many of you have noticed that I have been quite active on this list for
> quite a little while releasing several different packages all aimed to be
> quite general.

The work you've been doing is excellent! The only reservation I have is
that the distribution appears to be limited to the source code and binary
implementations for linux. If this truly is going to develop into the
standard set of extensions to NumPy will there be binary distributions for
other platforms (read Windows XX!)?

Compiling source on a unix box is usually trivial. For those people stuck
using less flexible platforms, having binaries available is an absolute
must! Are there plans to do this? Would it be a relatively simple thing or
is this going to take a concerted effort by many people? Issues like this
should probably be tackled early on in the process...

Alexander