[Matrix-SIG] Multipack is growing....

David Ascher da@ski.org
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:07:00 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, Paul F. Dubois wrote:

> Actually, I think this is a very good idea. Strip the standard Numerical

I have no problem with this.  We'd have to be careful about licenses.  The
LGPL is different from the existing licenses, I think.

> While I'm on the subject of NumPy, I wondered if anyone has looked
> into the question of making numerical arrays use ExtensionObject.h?
> Would this be hard? I know it would be useful.

Yes, I've done it in the past (and in the process found a bug in
ExtensionObject, which Jim reportedly since fixed).  I can do it again.
In fact, I shall.  This week, if all goes well.

--david