[Matrix-SIG] Lapack, fftpack, and ranlib becoming part of Multipack

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 01:04:02 -0500 (CDT)

I looked over the source to the lapack, fftpack, and ranlib modules and
see that it will be quite simple to add them to the current Multipack
distribution.  In fact, they fit in quite nicely with the changes that
Pearu has made.

As Paul seemed to think that moving these out of the Numeric core will
simplify his life as the maintainer of NumPy (a good thing...) then I will
proceed.

My preferred approach is to rely on full lapack libraries.  Are these
available for Windows?  I would also like to have binary releases for
several platforms but will need help getting those together from
interested users.  Any entrepeneur out there willing to put together
CD-ROM's of binaries of what this package will be?  I think many people
would be interested in binary copies and be willing to pay a small fee for
it...

Travis