[Matrix-SIG] PyArray_Free in arrayobject.c

David Ascher da@ski.org
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:09:28 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Travis Oliphant wrote:

> This is what I thought it was supposed to do.  But, as is, this array of
> pointers never gets released because ap->nd != 3, and the code to release
> this array of pointers is inside of a conditional branch that requires
> ap->nd == 3.

I'm willing to believe there's a memory leak.  I just haven't analyzed the
code deeply enough or tested it.

> > BTW - A huge motivating factor of JPython was how frustrated I got
> > with all these silly refcount issues when building numpy.  I wouldn't
> > be surprised if you found some mistakes on that score...
>
> Is there a NumPy for JPython?

Sort of -- Tim Hochberg has started a reimplementation in JPython.  I
haven't heard much about it in a while though.

See: http://www.egroups.com/list/jnumeric

--david