[Matrix-SIG] Updated version of Signaltools now includes numpyio

Travis Oliphant Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:06:31 -0600 (EST)

I've updated my website a bit at http://oliphant.netpedia.net

Links to much of the LLNLDistribution10 as RPMS are now more obvous:

I've updated the sigtools module to include some Python-written functions.
The package also now contains (a memory-leak-fixed) numpyio module for
reading and writing data from arbitrary binary files directly into NumPy
arrays.

Although there is still a module called sigtools, the module to load is
now signaltools.py .  This file imports all the C-code functions but also
defines other routines:

convolveND :     the C-code routine is renamed correlateND to be more
                 consistent with signal processing usage and this routine
	         performs an actual index reversal on the smallest input
		 so it is a true convolution.

medfiltND:       makes use of the more general order_filterND to define a
	         more commonly used median filter.

wienerND:        performs wiener filtering over an N-D array.

Notice, the licensing has changed a bit on signaltools.  Basically, you
can't include it in binary-form only in a commerical product without
letting me know (From the responses I've received I doubt anyone is using
it much at all, though).

If you are using any package I release, I'd love to hear about it.
Especially, since I can gauge what kind of impact making big changes will
have.

Thanks,

Travis