[Matrix-SIG] ANNOUNCE: New version of ipp

jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de jhauser@ifm.uni-kiel.de
Sat, 8 May 1999 23:54:46 +0200 (CEST)

I have put a new version of ipp in my starship cabin at
http://starship.python.net/crew/jhauser/miscellany.html

I started to make a cleaner code, with some success but than added the
help system, which is only weak integrated in the code. One can now
ask for all the info from them library section of the python
documentation.

@apply or @mpz will give now complete help. This is only a test, if
people like it this way. There is currently no mechanismen to
integrate new HTML documents, but this can easily be added. The other
approach is to build on top of ihelp of David Ascher, but info format
is not very common in these days and not every one has it installed. The
current system needs nothing besides standard python and the
html-files locally installed.

A hook for introspection is there, but I don't know what should be
done with it :-)

I have than included my own completer and keep my own track of the
history lines. So one can now expand beginning with a point the last
line starting with the same characters.

After I had this build in I read the readline docu more carefully and
learned that something similar is already available, by typing
Ctrl-r. Na...

Feedback is always welcome, there are lot's of things missing. (No
consistent way to get help for the builtin shell methods, for example)

__Janko