[Matrix-SIG] Re: Matrix-SIG digest, Vol 1 #220 - 1 msg

Henk Jansen hjansen@math.tudelft.nl
Mon, 31 May 1999 10:01:37 +0200

On Mon, 31 May 1999, you wrote:

> From: Travis Oliphant <Oliphant.Travis@mayo.edu>
>
> Most of the manipulations and basic math operations will be handled by C
> or Fortran code (right now I'm looking quite favorably at SPARSEKIT2 by
> Yousef Saad) which is called by the sparse matrix class methods (via a
> C-module, of course).

I seem to rememeber that c.a. 5 years ago when I used the Fortran version of
SPARSEKIT2, it was only available for non-commercial use. I guess this may
have changed in the meantime so that it will fit into Python's *all-free"
philosophy.

Henk.

--
 -Henk Jansen - hjansen@math.tudelft.nl - phone/fax +31(0)15-278-7295/7209-
 Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science - Delft University of Technology