[Matrix-SIG] egcs compiles CXX???

Henk Jansen hjansen@math.tudelft.nl
Mon, 31 May 1999 10:17:21 +0200

Joe van Andel sent the following posing on Tue, 04 May1999:

> Good news:
>
> egcs-2.93.21 19990502 now compiles CXX code (on Solaris 2.6, and
> probably other targets).  (No patching required).
>
> Using templates slows down the compiler noticably, but at least we can
> now use CXX to build C++ to Python interfaces.

I downloaded the newer egcs-2.95 19990524 but haven't been quite as successful
with the CXX code from the LLNLDistribution11. Actually, I ran into the same
template-related compiling problems as before. (Joe's success was booked on
Solaris and I'm using Linux, RedHat 5.2 but I can't see this difference will
matter.)

Help appreciated, thanks,

Henk.

--
 -Ir. Henk Jansen - hjansen@math.tudelft.nl - phone/fax +31(0)15-278-7295/7209-
 Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science - Delft University of Technology