[Matrix-SIG] Numerical compile problems

Konrad Hinsen hinsen@cnrs-orleans.fr
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:40:13 +0200

> couldn't find anything that seemed pertinent in the archives, I post it
> here, hoping someone might lend me a hand.  I'm having problems
> installing Numerical on an SGI Octane R10000 under Irix6.5.4, using the
> 7.3 compilers.  The compilation seems to go ok, but I get one unhappy
> python interpreter (core dump) when I attempt to import Numerical.  I've

Did you try this under a debugger in order to find out *where* it
crashes? Something else you might try is linking the NumPy C modules
statically; that gives you better checking for missing or wrong
symbols, which might well be the cause.

I have compiled NumPy on an Octane system without any problems a
while ago, but I don't remember the Irix and compiler version numbers.

Konrad.