[Matrix-SIG] Numerical Python update?

David Ascher da@ski.org
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 21:12:37 -0800

> Does anybody have any idea when the next Numerical Python update will be?
> It has been a long time since I have heard any news about this.  Perhaps
> moving NumPy to an open development location like SourceForge would be a
> good idea so that anyone who is interested can keep on top of any changes?

I am hereby promising to do a release before IPC8.  The release will
basically be a backtrack from the extensionclass idea back to the
architecture of release 12, but with the bug fixes in the current beta.  In
fact I'm going to get to work on it as soon as I figure out how to undo the
damage I just did by installing Office2000...

For future development, SourceForge might be a good idea.  The problem
however has not been lack of technical solutions but lack of time and
volunteers.  If you want to become more directly involved, I'm sure that can
be arranged -- Talk to Paul DuBois about it.

--david