[Matrix-SIG] LLNLDistribution13

John A. Turner turner@blueskystudios.com
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:08:29 -0500 (EST)

PFD> 1. Move the sources to an open server. Recent and planned LLNL security
PFD> measures have made LLNL a poor choice for locating open source
PFD> software sources. I will do this as soon as I can, probably right
PFD> after IPC8, where I can talk to some of you about the best way to
PFD> do this.

I realize that there are Python-oriented sites like Starship, but
another excellent alternative is the site VA Linux recently set up for
hosting open source projects, SourceForge:

  http://sourceforge.net/

In addition to just hosting a site and providing disk space, it can
provide CVS access, bug-tracking system, etc. - full list of services
here:

  http://sourceforge.net/docs/site/services.php

Anyway, something to think about, maybe...

-John Turner