[Matrix-SIG] RE: Authoring tools (was Active arrays)

John A. Turner turner@blueskystudios.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:15:37 -0500 (EST)

DA> Finally, there's StarOffice, but it seemed quite immature the last
DA> time I checked.  It is available free for Unix and Windows.
DA> http://www.sun.com/staroffice/

well, if "Unix" is defined to be "Solaris and Linux"

PFD> Anyway, I hardly think any other solution that involves money
PFD> would be any better. I disagree that HTML is ok; even if everyone
PFD> uses a WYSIWIG, the language is sufficiently inexpressive that it
PFD> is a problem (especially for writing about a language in which
PFD> indentation counts).

agreed

PFD> Besides, I want tools that help me make and maintain the index
PFD> and TOC.

for me, the name of that tool is spelled "LaTeX"

--
John A. Turner, Senior Research Associate
Blue Sky Studios, One South Rd, Harrison, NY 10528