[Matrix-SIG] RE: Authoring tools (was Active arrays)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 00:25:18 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, David Ascher wrote:

> I refuse to use LaTeX.  Can't even justify why, it's a gut reaction after
> writing too many papers, a several-hundred page dissertation with it,
> spending waaaayy too many hours debugging poorly written LaTeX macros,
> fussing with DVI, PS, EPS, bounding boxes, BibTeX, fussy installations,
> missing fonts, bad HTML conversion, etc.

Hmmm maybe you got carried away with too many macros. In my department
nobody writes macros and the latest latex distributions (at least the
default Red Hat Linux one) seem to be quite complete. Afew people are laso
using LyX which is not bad.

Just a comment

Pavlos