[medusa] select error on win32

Amos Latteier Amos@d...
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:56:46 -0400

Hi,

A ZServer user forwarded this error to me:

Traceback (innermost last):
File "start.py", line 155, in ?
asyncore.loop()
File "medusa\asyncore.py", line 104, in loop
poll_fun (timeout)
File "medusa\asyncore.py", line 52, in poll
(r,w,e) = select.select (r,w,e, timeout)
ValueError: too many file descriptors in select()

They are using ZServer on win32 on a fairly heavily trafficked site.
This error halts the server.

According to "File Descriptor Limitations in Various Operating Systems"

http://www.nightmare.com/medusa/descriptor_limits.html

NT does not have a hard limit to the number of fd's that can be
selected, and poll is not available.

Does anyone (I mean does Sam ;-) have any ideas about what may be
causing the select loop to fail, and what ZServer may be able to do to
mitigate these problems?

Thanks.

-Amos

--