[medusa] IE5/medusa response delays

Amos Latteier amos@a...
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 16:29:30 -0700

Hi,

A Zope is experiencing a medusa problem that I am having trouble diagnosing.

He is using Zope on NT4 SP3. When he connects via HTTP to the server using
IE5 he sometimes gets delayed responses, especially after waiting a while
between requests.

In his words,

Using netstat -an, I can see that ie5 keeps 2 connections open to the
server and they're ESTABLISHED.

As soon as the connections go to TIME_WAIT, IE5 will hang. I'm not
sure which end is closing the connection.

After the original connection goes to TIME_WAIT, I make a request
from IE5 and see the long delay, netstat shows that a new connection
has been opened, but there is still a long delay getting a reply from the
server.

If I open another connection from another browser, the "hanging"
connection "wakes up" and services the request.

Ideas?

-Amos